Toilet themed restaurants in Taiwan

I always thought that the business idea won’t last long; but with the recent exposure by foreign press and bloggers, it seems that these eateries are becoming a bizarre-food icon from Taiwan… something like eating fugu in Japan and live octopus in Korea.

All 100 seats in this Taipei restaurant are made from toilet bowls, not chairs. Sink faucets and gender-coded "WC" signs appear throughout the three-storey facility, one of 12 in an island-wide chain of eateries with a toilet theme.

Toilet themed restaurants are not something new in Taiwan; it has been around since 2004 (or earlier) with people dining in a toilet like environment and eating from a mini toilet bowl.

Below are some pictures from Modern Toilet, a food chain that operates 12 toilet themed restaurants in Taiwan; these pics are from its outlet in Shilin, Taipei…


I would certainly visit one of these restaurants if I visit Taiwan; I can’t guarantee that I could consume all the food though… the sh!t ice cream is perhaps a bit too much for my appetite.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...